Podcast Producer Job Description (remote) – The Gamers Change Lives Podcast
What's the gig?
We’re looking for a producer to join our Production Team and will work closely with the host Tom Leonard.
In this role, you’ll help research guests, plan, script, and edit interview-based podcasts.
As a producer, you'll be helping to coordinate the delivery of audio, communicating feedback with the guests and the team, and managing the project internally.
Right now, your time would be needed for a few hours per week. More hours may be needed in the future.
Things you'll do:
- Research potential guests from the esports world.
- Book and schedule guests.
- Prep interview plans for our host to produce weekly episodes including preparing questions.
- Call and email to schedule guests to join the podcast.
- Prep the host and guest(s) before a podcast recording.
- Supervise the podcast's production process including the actual recording each episode, becoming familiar with our podcasting recording platform, Riverside.fm.
- Coordinate recordings, audio files, session files, scripts, and documents.
- Work with the podcast editor – freelance position - on the creative direction of an episode and the final edit.
- Manage each episode's editing, recording, and distribution.
- Write show notes, blog posts, and other content as needed.
- Promote the show using social content and other media.
- Monitor each episode's analytics and metrics.
- Support the podcast host and team.
- Ensure podcasts meet internal deadlines.
Who exactly are we looking for?
In short, does this sound like you? Someone that is:
- Knowledgeable. You are familiar with the world of esports, how the industry works, and who are the major players.
- Creative. You are able to foster and maintain the creative vision of the podcasts at Gamers Change Lives.
- Communicative. You have excellent written and verbal communication in English and excel in collaboration with teammates and our host.
- Authentic. You put the people around you at ease and bring your own unique voice to research, writing, and scripting.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Passionate. You love storytelling and connecting business communities through content marketing, and the world of esports. You also see how esports can be a source of jobs in the local community.
For this role, you ideally have:
- Spent time working with individuals in the esports world at various levels.
- Experience writing content, including script writing.
- A talent for researching and understanding often complex topics and extracting their essential elements to tell a compelling story.
- The ability to work to deadlines so that shows never miss schedule.
- A critical eye and a close attention to detail.
- The opportunity to make a difference. The Gamers Change Lives Podcast is focused on creating jobs across the world in esports – primarily tackling youth unemployment.
- Work from anywhere. Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest -- we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough Wi-Fi.
- Truly great work culture. We’re a young and small organization -- you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours. Outside of ideally having some working overlap with US working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
- Equipment Budget. Headphones, software, phone -- whatever you need to be set up for success.
Is this a paid position?
Absolutely! This is not an internship position. We can discuss the right compensation to make sure it is worth your time to become our producer.
This is a remote position, the applicant can live anywhere in the world!
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, send an email to email@example.com, including:
- A written description of your experience and background.
- Why you think this could be a good fit for your talent.
- A resume or CV if available; but not required.
- Any questions you have about the position.