Gamers Change Lives Podcast
Season 3 Episode 3 Worksheet
”Transforming Education Through Esports”
Guest: Gerald Solomon
Consider these questions to get more from the content in the podcast episode:
Multiple Choice Questions:
1. What is the goal of NASEF?
- To make money
- To teach kids technology skills and career opportunities
- To win esports competitions
- To create the best logos for esports clubs
2. Who does NASEF partner with to reach students in underserved areas?
- Private schools
- Country clubs
- Libraries, boys and girls clubs, YMCA's, and community centers
- Social media influencers
3. What is the focus of NASEF's curriculum?
- Esports competitions
- Traditional education
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Building logos for esports clubs
4. What are the requirements for creating an organization in NASEF?
- Building a club charter, a code of conduct, a business plan, and a development plan
- Winning esports competitions
- Building the best esports club logos
- Learning how to play every game perfectly
5. What is the new era of esports highlighted in the podcast?
- More inclusive, diverse, and socially responsible
- Focused only on winning competitions
- Exclusively for private schools
- Only for those who can afford the best equipment
Question 1: 2
Question 2: 3
Question 3: 3
Question 4: 1
Question 5: 1
Short Answer Questions:
- What is the name of the organization that Gerald Solomon founded?
- What are some of the skills that NASEF teaches young people?
- What is the International Esports Federation (IESF) and how does it work with NASEF?
Long Essay Question:
Discuss the importance of using esports for education and leadership development. Provide examples from the podcast and your own experience to support your argument.
If you would like, take your answers to these questions, and post them on the Facebook Group. Check out the answers of others and let them know what you have learned. The best teacher is someone who has been in your shoes.